Sunday, March 29, 2020

the proposal

March 27, 2020 @ 115 pm So he came running to me one day saying where he was going and I finally felt like I was singing in his arms. He had one coat in hand and his luggage in the other as we sat down to have something to eat at the airport. (I took his jacket for him as we both looked at each other with the kiss of gratitude, love and passion.) “How did we ever do this past years without each other” I said with a tear rolling down my eye which he cleaned up for me” “I know” said he, “but here we are and it was worth the wait.” “You always say this, John, but I am always wondering how we could have let the time pass for so long, I mean was that worth it?” Gulp, went John. “Yes, it is worth it. It will be worth it after this. There it was, as I lifted his jacket to give to him, he said, “Can you feel anything in there? Can you grab it please, I need it?” And so that is what I did, as I looked I could see a jewellery container and that was exactly what it was. So, he asked me to pass it and soon enough he was opening it and there it was and there was he, leaning on one knee. “Will you marry me?” was the obvious, expected response, not without wrinkle, not without sincere passion for the love that he had for me due to the tone of his voice, the look of sincerity on his face, as I said “Yes, remarkably yes!” And that was that. We were engaged and the World was in shock as we were walking through the airport to get coffee and a muffin and out the doors as the first time which we would hold hands, kiss and be seen as the couple we always wanted to be. March 28, 2020 @ 9:43 am So John and I sat down for coffee. We put down his luggage and coat, where I had felt the ring and gave it to him. “What are we going to do now that we’re engaged,” we only had plans to go home and get him settled in. I had all these plans meeting people, like his family and some of our friends, Edmonton was a place we met, made our dreams reality by getting to know each other, pursuing our careers and school needs. How was I to know what would happen next. So he said to me, “I’m not in a rush to do anything except that family and friends are itching to know what we are up to because they know when I arrived, so should we tell them, I can email and text them and we can leave it at that for now because I just got in and I want to spend every waking moment with my fiancĂ©, my wife!” “and what should we tell them about the engagement, when our wedding will be, all these things they are going to be asking us?” “We can tell them about our lives together and as wonderful as it is and what it is” “What do you mean, what it is, typical male response, that gives me hardly anything to work with” “Honey, just say that we’re engaged” “Okay, then, we can tell them that!” And off they went sipping their drinks and eating their muffins because they were as happy as can be and as looking forward to the future as any other could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment