Saturday, July 4, 2020

a night out!

“I am not here to discuss it further, you seem to have a different opinion than me. I don’t need to see extravagance, I’m a simple person, pizzas and grapes and wine bottles that yes I can get elsewhere are the basis for my excitement.” When suddenly the tour guide was ready to take us on a bus to see the very many sides of Italy. We passed by churches as we crossed through the architectural side of Venice! There were about 25-30 people that were on that bus. We met Mary from England, a Scott from Scotland and a lady from Rome who was here to help with the tour guiding named Francesca. She is a very respectful lady and had a lot of knowledge of course of the region in Venice. When we got to the gondola part of the tour, which was just slightly on its way to a restaurant where we would mingle and get to know the tour guides, we stopped to view a couple who was travelling on it. Francesca said that man riding the gondola for them had been doing this for years. The song that he was singing is called “Volare.” He also had a musician playing the accordian, along with the singer. I asked the gondolier a question. He said, “Yes, I can”. Well we passed onto the restaurant where we were to meet all the members of our Italy/Greece trip. We were asked to sit down in the designated seats so John and I had ours. The tour guide gets up to the front to introduce himself as tour guide Victor. “Welcome, he says to everyone, “We are very glad you’re here. You are going to have the time of your life in areas you’ve never seen before and it is going to blow you away. We will save the details for when we get there to all the beautifcul places that you will see. For now, when I call your name, please stand up and introduce yourself or -selves if you are with your spouse or friend or family member! As John got up and introduced himself and his girlfriend to the crowd, all that Sandra could muster to think of was that this is my man and I am so blessed to have him! He says, “This is my lovely girlfriend Sandra. We come from Canada and we are very glad that we are in the heat,” teasing all the friend and families at home who enduring harsh Canada winter! As the other members were getting to stand up and discuss all relevant stories of themselves, John was thinking about the gondola ride right after supper that he was looking forward to being on, as he told me! “Now I don’t know why you're thinking of that now when we are having a relaxing and comfortable ride here, with the food and company we are currently having !” “Yes, honey," he says to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment