Friday, July 10, 2020

the dinner and gondola ride

So as we were finishing up our supper that we just had at the restaurant, John and I were getting ready to take our tour bus to the gondola area. We board the bus and when we got off of it, we go where we had already discussed with the tour guide. The water was beaming like as though there was gods own hands calming the storm at sea! I have to say that when we are back home, I often see the stillness in a little lake that we often walk to, and so this calmed my heart and soul as it took me back, but also beautiful here, to my hometown! There was a boat sitting on the canal, waiting for us as he started to serenade us with song! We get into the boat, we sit on comfortable seats, and the gondola takes off! Very bright colored and light colored homes are all around us, including apartments, and I point them out as we keep going, saying, “Oh honey, look at this one, look at that one.” “sit down he says, you’re going to hurt yourself!” When suddenly, as he grabbed my hand to sit down, saying, “honey, you are the light of my life.” “Yes i know jon, we have been together many years!” “NO, honey, you don’t understand!” “I look at him now as he kneels on both knees (otherwise he would fall using only one knee), as he continues, this time I am listening to him, “Like I was saying my love, I love you, you are my light, my strength and everything that I could currently need in life. And I hope i can make you say yes to me because I would love for you to be my bride, my wife, the love of my life!” Then, he pulls out the ring. As I start to cry, he’s smiling at me as I say, “yes honey, yes!” He puts on this big rock of a ring, everything I’ve ever wanted, a round stone covered in diamonds around it, the band was made of 18k white gold. We were both smiling and both having a great time as I stretched out my hand to the man driving the gondola, to which he said, “Ah, beautiful” (in Italian language)! I got to say I was not expecting such a surprise, we had that argument (discussion) yesterday and it kind of put me in a bad mood, but my then boyfriend and fiancĂ© now, has proposed to me and I have got to say it can not be any better than this now! I got to say, he also is my everything, I love everything about him--hes strong, faithful and always there me. I think he’s just a little pushy sometimes but perhaps that’s just one little sacrifice I have to deal with! I really like a man that is a go-getter, he goes after what he wants, just like my other boyfriend, but this time be just does that a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment