Wednesday, July 15, 2020

an argument

So before we said goodbye, I asked John a few questions and off he went! “Yes honey, if you want to explore more go ahead, though I am going to miss you.” John is a doctor and that will keep him busy while I am gone. “Your family’s doing good then honey, I miss them so much.” “Sarah, you know how they are, they sit around eating Italian food, work, hang out with friends and family! Those are all our values and so that is how they are." “You don’t have to be defensive and upset! I’m simply asking how they are doing. You are always like this, whenever I ask about them. What are you so upset about?! That I’m not coming with you; like deep down in your heart of hearts what is causing you to act this way?! I’m simply now a fiancé caring about your family and asking for an explanation.” “Sarah, I am a little agitated with you. It just seems like it’s all about you. We just got engaged and I’m happy about that but I am always catering to you! For once could you just be happy with us, with who we are. We’ve had this lovely time and you are wanting to stay longer! And as nice as it is, you still want to know if my family is well as if they are not already!” “The family? I don’t understand since I am simply asking as a kind gesture to want to find out that they are well” “It bothers me because you’re not coming with me, you’re asking about them, but if you would be just content, knowing that we’ve had a lovely time, and you wouldn’t even have to ask because you would be with me!” “John, it’s just a few days more, it’s not going to hurt us financially. Your family are fine without me there and so are you.” “Oh so you’re going to flip this on me and place the blame on me. I am hurt because this is the real you, who you are. You always want to put the spotlight on yourself. Just come with me baby, and everything will be alright. We’ll cancel the flight you were going to take, the place you're staying at, and we will be all happy and smiles. I always support you, I just want us to be together, I do not want to be apart anymore. Please come with me. Do you understand and agree with me?” “Well when you put it that way, why not? I am so easily convinced with you. I don’t want you to think it’s all about me, and we just got engaged, so I do not want you to be mad at me. I’m just interested in taking a last look.” “Well if that’s what you want and you’re not avoiding me, fine, but I still think we should go! Let’s tell everyone about our engagement and have some fun with it! Would you like to have an engagement party, because everyone is going to celebrate with us. You see, its not about all this stuff you see here, it's about us, humans, love between each other, commitment and having a great time together. THERE WILL BE MANY MORE TIMES TO COME!” “Okay," I said, "when you spill it out that way,... I’ll come!” “We love each other, let’s not put it off any longer. Time to celebrate with other people and not just ourselves.”

No comments:

Post a Comment