Saturday, May 1, 2021

counsellor

I took this information home that night and I felt much better. Janet can be such a life-saver sometimes. Well most of the time. Psychologists just have this way of being encouraging. I've been to others as well, in their offices. I was talking to one in particular, she always focused on the solution and not the problem. My brother had been bugging me to get some advice and counselling for something going on in my ilfe, he could tell I was distressed and just needed some counselling. I was never one for people hearing my problems, I mean “I felt like why should I burden people with my problems,” I told him. He was still very adamant of seeing one. I got the impression from him it is always very freeing and liberating to talk to someone and hear them supporting you and bringing light to your dark situations. So I went to see one this time even after talking to Janet. I felt I could go on longer and get some advice. I felt like I was trapped, locked in a relationship I could not get out of. I mean, I love him and all, but his relationships, while loving me was getting just too weird for me. People around me besides Janet were telling me to let him go and move on to another relationship. So I went to see this lady. I told her about the relationship. She was cool about it like Janet. “Well she says, sounds like a nice guy trying to figure some things out. He also seems as though he’s searching but still wanting that connection with you. So I want to get your opinion and feelings about him, to get on the same page as you, clearly. Are you ready?” she says. Of course I say yes. “What’s his name?” “John” “okay what's going on in his life. What's his occupation? What do we know about him?” “Well, he's a real state agent. That’s all I really know except for the other stuff I told you about his previous relationship.” “Ah, okay. So he has his own business which means he's very driven and likes to be independent. He’s probably a confident and sort of friendly man too, typical for that kind of job.” “Ya that’s why I love him. I've never had a guy so willing to get to know and pursue me, even before we started dating.” “Okay, so we’ve got some information here that can help us understand him a little more. Because it's not up to us to try and CHANGE ANYONE, we need to understand why they are acting a certain way and hopefully find out how we can solve a human problem that way. Often it's not what's going on outside that matters but what's going on inside. It could be different things related to personality, it could be insecurities felt on the inside. I think if that is happening plus all his characteristics that are a part of his personality, we can figure out how to treat him. And then you have to ask yourself, 'can I handle this, as his partner? You both have to pass this test. It's not like you're not capable, but you have to prove it to yourself first and then you will go up in confidence, loyalty and strength.'”

No comments:

Post a Comment