Friday, July 16, 2021

italy explained

When I went to Italy with John, all the expressions of who we were was being revealed to the both of us. He was tired from work, I was overwhelmed with getting myself back from New York. We decided we needed a break and wanted to share it together. Sometimes it's just better to sit, think and breathe in nothing. From my point of view, I just wanted to relax and have a good time. What you were seeing in that part of my story was the willingness to enjoy my life, take life step by step and John just wants to have fun. He took us on the gondola ride, he would comment on every excursion we went on, saying, “look at that honey, look at this,” I guess he’s just the extrovert that I am not. When we got to the churches he’s like interested in all the hidden detail, the painting jobs, the golden walls and roof, the depiction of renaissance society in history through the pictures of naked people and I’m just viewing all of this thinking, ‘this is really relaxing and I love the paint and etc.. as well.’ You can expect a lot of that in this book! Remember it's just about how these walls are relaxing and surreal to me but he wants to experience everything over and over again because that’s what he loves, who he is…do everything! “No John,” I said to him one day and the future marriage problems were already starting to come out here. He wanted me to attend another excursion with him that was going to be so much fun for us. I didn’t want to because I wanted to be there to forget about life and enjoy it calmly but the thing with my husband is that he is always pushing for the next best thing. Don’t get me wrong, he's mine and I love him so much, but we ARE JUST DEFFERENT there. Men are like that I guess, and it is not always up to the woman to compromise, we work together as a team and John just didn’t want to leave. He wanted to stay longer and I didn’t. He ended up coming with me anyway. But this is why I’m happy with him in my life. He brings excessive joy to my life like not other. He cooks, he cleans (😉), he’s an adventurer and I love this (though not to the EXTREMES that he takes his adventures)! I mean I could go on forever, there are so many things I love about him: he’s smart, protective, a leader, a dearest friend; he loves children, his job and all those wonderful things. But it doesn’t end in all of the material aspects of feeling in love. It has to be more for it to work. There will be hard times, so it has to be worth it to stay. The key is, he chooses me every time, no matter how it feels and no matter what I’ve done. He needed to show that to me and that is why I am writing this book for the reader: love is a choice. What will you choose? That is why I say yes and this is why I will marry him. So on we went. I had my ring on my finger with my purse on and my luggage on the other arm. I had a promise in my heart most of all that I would never forget. And I was in love with love. And that’s okay, you can be desperately and incandescently in love! We would board that plane with a kiss before we would sit down, luggage above our heads in the compartment. I would say to him, “sorry I didn’t want to stay, it’s not that I don’t care, I’m just ready for home.” And in his compliant and considerate way, he would say, “anything for you and your happiness, babe, and that makes me happy. Just to be with you is everything that I could have dreamed for.” “Same. I will always be here for you. My heart can be relied upon for that.” “Let’s forget everything that is behind us now because now all I want to do is be with you. Forever. Is that ok?” “Yes. I am ready and so are you.” “Ya, but it takes two to tango and that is the reason we work. I’m more than enough and you are just enough!” “Excuse me, we are a team, I’m not just a lesser scale of you. I’m unique. That’s why you love me, I’m different. And you are amazing.” “You are amazing yourself,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment