Monday, November 9, 2020

romantic words

One day he was going to get something to eat together. It was a Friday night, ordering the same meal we got every time we went to this Italian Spaghetti restaurant! There were many couples around us, taking in the seafood pasta menu and taking various non-alcoholic beverages. “How did I get so lucky, I love you?” I said to him, my husband to be. To which he responded: “Love you more, babe, I love everything about you.” He never gives me much more than that response, a male trait I think, men say what they want to say, no explanations, detail or additional comments, just a simple, short, brief answer. Hahaha!! “Sarah, my wife, my beautiful wife, I have loved you since we met, from the very first glance you have been my light and my salvation. I could not go a day without you. You have given me peace and a joy that is never ending. For the longest time I thought I would never find love again and you have taken that all away. You have brought the sunshine back into my life. Now I wake up and smile and think about you all the time, everyday. Thank you for coming into my life and showing me what it is really like to feel, be and endure love. Now I know what true love is. It is endless, it is two souls joined together, forever, never leaving each other. Let me be the man that will love you forever, give you everything you need and all that you want! Be my wife and my wife only. He would go on tangents of expressing to me a man’s heart and soul, for the woman he loves which is me. Because Sandra had a big influence on him as his friend, I would still doubt that this was what he wanted now and forever. But as time went on (before his engagement to me), he slowly convinced me he would never go back to her and I would be the only romantic relationship he would have. This was the main reason I left him as he took off with her that one time years ago. I won’t go into that too much, but I want to say that step by step, as he was planting these thoughts and feelings in my heart and mind, I began to accept that this situation was really all about me. Every “I love you”, “you are my sunshine, my everything”, “you have taught me to realize never to take you for granted, always cherish and love you”, and that “you are the woman I want to marry, to be with me forever!” My response was always “yes” to him, he has a way of being able to convince me of whatever he feels and wants. I’m okay with that because it’s always about me which is not really a bad thing, after all, I want it to be all about me, I mean who wants to really feel like they are not a guy’s every attention and desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment