Wednesday, November 11, 2020

the old lady

Where should we go today honey, I had such a hard day at work, at least for me it was! I WAS always thinking about you, always planning what I would say and do if I were to see you at work. I kept having these envisions of you at the hospital! I would attend to patient after patient, and although you were not there, I could see you in my mind, and not like a delusional thing, just a thought! On and on I would go, thinking of you, us on swings at a park where I would swing you, kiss you as I came towards you and with a huge smile on my face because I was with the woman of my dreams. And so we decided on a sandwich place and to be honest although these such places are such simple lunches, I always HAD AN APPETITE for them. This place in particular contained sandwiches for every meat lover, plus veggies that included bean sprouts, I mean what is not to love about that! Every customer in the line, hungry as could be, salivating for a sandwich to quench them. It was a bakery we went to and they have lounging seats we could sit on, so there were a few seniors and families sitting down already! So to explain a long story in a short piece of writing, I will say that I had seen these customers before and so I thought I might sit next to them as Jon and I had the appetite to eat right away. You’re not going to believe what happened as I asked the older ladies if I could have a seat. One lady abruptly said to me, “uh, actually, no because we are having a confidential conversation together and we would rather you not sit down!” “Can you believe this,” I said to Jon, whom looked at me the way he does when he convinces me to move on and not make a scene as I particularly love to do from time to time! As we walk away, I take our sandwiches and continue talking to my future husband! He thinks I’m out to lunch naturally and as usual. So I continue what I want to say. “Why did you just do that?” “Because honey, it’s not worth it. We can go somewhere else that is going to be much worth our time than sit down beside two stuck up ladies that are going to be making our stay real awkward. We would sit there eavesdropping on their conversation, which they don’t want, and feel seemingly weird that we're not even welcome there.” “Jon I’ve said a million times to them, I don’t care who disapproves of me. And that is so sweet of you to respect their request! But I don’t sit around here in town with a stuck up nose, I also don’t let people walk all over me, right?” “Babe, just leave it, you probably will never see this woman again, have you ever seen her?” “Well yes I have, she’s there lots, and you don’t see her whenever we go because she’s there during the week.” “Jon this is not about whether I want to sit beside an old lady, whether its awkward, too close to hear her story that she was trying to avoid us hearing, or anything like that. Rather, this is about a regular whom thinks she “owns the place” enough that she had the guts to tell me to practically “get lost”! I don’t think that’s fair or right, in my eyes!” To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment