Sunday, November 8, 2020

the proposal

Back in time when we first met on the streets of New York, Jon and I had no idea what was to come. We were two souls meant for each other to meet, to cultivate values in our relationship and we were reaching out for each other to provide healing, strength and dignity for times before that needed it. But we weren’t just perfect human beings that found each other – we believed in destiny, that we were intentionally here, to meet and fall in love, and how deep was that love. We had similar interests and we were so in love, should we be married, just having love for each other seemed enough. We imagined having babies as we were dating for the first time in New York. We wanted a house and a nice church to attend, and this all happened within 3 months of dating! When I first met him he was walking into Starbucks and I was taking my hot chocolate from the counter when he walked up to me! Nerves going through my body, noticing this handsome and charming man, not to mention how respectful and honouring he was in his speech, I Introduced myself: “Hello, I’m Sarah.” “And let me introduce my self, Jon.” “And what do you have there, I love my coffee dark; double-double” “Well actually I’m not a great coffee drinker, but I do have a love for hot chocolate milk, and they seem to have the best, its so rich and thick with chocolate flavour.” “Wow you’re making it sound so appealing and I’ll have to try it out one time.” “Sure.” “So what do you do here in NYC?” “I’m a journalist for a local magazine publication!” “Who are you with?” “Well id rather not say but you must be a doctor with that uniform of yours!” “Indeed, I am.” And that conversation was the workings of a very successful relationship that would take shape. We would go on dates and look in each other’s eyes, him commenting on mine like all the time, myself saying how proud I am of his hard work! We would go to restaurants and watch movies in the theatre and take some nice calming walks at central park where tons of people and couples were doing the same thing! There was only 3 months left of my contract and I did not know if I was staying or going back to my country, and it turns out He is Canadian as well. But as we were walking and enjoying holding hand in hand, my feelings began to change about where I should live in the world and I was sure this was a man worth staying for! We got to a bench in the park and sat down from a pretty long walk! Suddenly, he got one one knee after 3 months of dating! He sat me on the bench and as he got on one knee, with hands over my mouth, I could not have asked for a greater, more joyous moment, the moment in time that changed my world and set my nerves on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment