Wednesday, April 14, 2021

man at the coffee shop

I went home that night and kept thinking about the man I met at the coffee shop, THE Starbucks coffee shop! He kind of caught me off guard and I didn’t think he was very welcoming at first! I mean he just sat there, bundled up in his coffee and did not pay me any attention. You know what my roommate says to that: “Guys like that are useless. They play along and try to act, to see what you’re like, think through whether they’d want you and then keep you hooked at the last minute.” And this is exactly what happened that night. He sort of played it cool and looked up at me here and there and because of that I thought it was over. He was so embarrassed looking though. I have never written anyone or told anyone how it went that day. That will tell you how much I wanted to keep it a secret. But this seems like the perfect moment to say now. Why was he so embarrassed that day? I wasn’t, I was just really nervous. Nervous for a new chapter that may never happen. I actually didn’t intend to see him, I went to another starbucks and because there were no seats, I went to this other one. And there was my prince charming. Talk about destiny, and finding someone there that you could make a future with (I didn’t know it yet), without even meaning to do so. But heaven is on your side and enabling something to happen that is out of your control. So I just lifted my head when I could and not look at him too obviously. I was simply working on my articles and he was also doing some work for something, which I did not ask him about. My feeling was I don’t know if there is another girl around and if he's in love with her. It would then be embarrassing to get myself with someone like that, so as I sat there I didn’t say anything. He would have to start the conversation and if you remember he invited me out somewhere. As I walked away that day he kept looking at me and as I got further and further away from him his invitation stood deep in my heart and I wondered if I should do it! I think my roommate has been through a lot of relationships but I don’t think she’s necessarily right about this advice. Maybe she has met some troublesome men that have hurt her, and she has every right to feel this about men like that, ones that are bad at expressing themselves about their romantic feelings. But this guy made the effort, took the time and he reached out so as not to lose me, to not regret a decision to stay silent. His every effort to do that did not go unnoticed! I reciprocated his feelings even though I did not make them obvious. And that’s what makes the interaction promising, the fact that he continued asking me to a date despite having little evidence that I would say yes! It shows his deep affection for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment