Sunday, April 11, 2021

writing in Taiwan

“Sometimes I love my job and sometimes I hate it,” I thought. Then my co-worker Rebekah came to see me at my desk. “What are you twiddling your thumbs for?” she asked. “I just don’t know why I always struggle sometimes?” I said, “it seems that the harder I try, the more I miss.” “Listen girl, how long have you been here and you are already getting down about yourself!??" “I’ve been here more than fifteen years and I always believe I can write better, be cooler and catch more attention of different audiences. To me, it's not how I failed or what people think about me and my writing. We are all learning, it’s going to happen to us, we won't measure up to everyone’s standards! But if I keep focusing on my failures, I never would have travelled and brought myself here from Taiwan. You see, I had been living there for four years and everything was going well except I could never see eye to eye with the bosses I had. One said I couldn’t write, the other that she can't communicate with me! I just didn’t like the way they deal with their workers! I mean, a little appreciation would have been appreciated. But one day, after doing it for that long, I realized that I could do better, I could communicate and my boss communicate with me. It’s not that im super gifted and people can see that, or not see that, it's that I believe in myself that I am a good, a great writer, and that I can overcome every bit of a hurdle! So you can’t get down on yourself and believe what everyone says about you, especially those that look down on you; because then you’ll never get up and start over. Don’t let this setback with the play article dictate how you are going to live your life! If you let it, every time you have this obstacle, especially one similar, you’re going to be giving up, telling yourself that you can't do it and will never start over to try!” “I know all that, I’ve heard it from the boss, my parents, my sisters and brothers, they all say I can do it and that I have the tenacity to overcome it, but the one person that doesn’t believe in all that stuff is me. I don’t have the confidence to keep going at this sometimes, it's hard for me to stand up against a battle and overcome the problems, look past what the critics say and just prove them wrong. When people say to me that doing what someone says I can’t do, is the best revenge, I just ignore it because I know I'll never do it, I don’t have the strength to fight it!” “You can do it and that’s why you’re here because you have to and it just takes a little faith that you have to choose.” And she walked away and I went on researching for another story to be published tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment