Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Aunts

And the wedding carried on.  We had our cordon bleu meal, salads and potatoes, there were lots of punch and bread where guests could help themselves.  “This is such a great wedding and banquet, Sarah” said my Aunt, as I reached the refreshments table. I knew her from living with her family when I was little.  She may be the Aunt I like the most.  She’s always positive and not as socially awkward, a very happy person.  “Oh, yes thank you Aunt, I am very pleased with it.  It has taken a lot of energy and work, but of course my special day is so important to me.  When youre getting married, you want everything to be perfect, It’s just a pattern women get into, you know, not only because its your special day but you want everything to look perfect for your guests to enjoy it as well, you know” I said to her.

“the little flower girls, your sisters two children, did such a great job, that was cute when one of the girls dropped her flowers and the older girl helped her up as her big sister,” said my Aunt

“yup, those are my niecies and they are so cute.  Proud Aunty over here.”

“my favourite part so far has been seeing all the kids together here, my inner teacher values coming out here.  I love all the dancing! No regrets there.  It’s so special seeing mommies and daddies dancing with their children.  It shows such a creative and thoughtful relationship between children and adult.  We are so fortunate to have so many children in our family.”

She goes on, “I am very happy that you two chose each other to marry because it always sounded like you had a fondness for each other.  It just needed time to develop.  I hope you will learn to love another and forgive each other even with all that’s happened.”

 

“Oh yes, Aunt, we are really forgiving and loving towards each other.  Any space between us, we are very eager it work it out.  It’s not like other relationships where you don’t talk for like two days.  At least I hope it doesn’t amount to that.  This is definitely what I love about him.  He is very forgiving and always is the done seeking peace and love, and also his faithfulness, he is so dedicated and concerned about my wellbeing.  He’s strong too.  But I have had to learn how to be patient, forgiving and loving.  I feel like this part of our relationship needs work and I could get better at It, it doesn’t come easy for me.  I hold to things I shouldn’t, but tis a progress that just keeps getting better with time.” 

“Don’t worry, Sarah, every relationship goes through this.  And you’re blessed you have those things with him.  Some couples take years to get that far.  I think your separation in your early days probably helped with that development.  I know you are going to do well together!  You both are a great team, your compliment each other and you are ready for life together!  I love you both!” said Aunt.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment