Monday, June 1, 2020

speeches

Now we got to the banquet hall with everything set up, tables and chairs looking so good.  (I don’t really know where the speeches come in and I think it’s after the meal).  With the decorations on the tables and chairs,  the white lights lit all over the room, in the corners and around the walls, the room ;looked spectacular, just the way I wanted it!  As the guests started arriving at the banquet hall, the head table began to arrive.  My four girls who were bridesmaids, came and grabbed their seat while the rest of the guests started to arrive.  The lady servers start to bring out the meals, it was a fantastic chicken cord on bleu with a salad and mashed potatoes.  But the big event that happened and is very important to me, were the speeches made by the bride, groom, and the best man/maid of honor.  The speeches being said by the maid of honor and the best man are very touching and warms the heart.  They spoke of the ttimes we have had together throughout the years and the impact that the married couple have had on these individuals, with a toast to the couple after they spoke about them.  As I stood to acknowledge all of the fabulous people who had helped us out and are celebrating this important day with us. 

“Thank you very much for coming to our wedding, to celebrate moments we are sharing with you, that is a great milestone in our lives.  We could not have done it without you and are extremely grateful for your support and love.  When we were sad, you lifted our spirits.  When we were indecisive, you pointed us in the right direction, when we were lost, you helped find our designated purpose.  When all hope was gone you brought encouragement and when we needed love you gave it.  I just want to say that when John came into my life, I truly found my purpose, my reason for living.  HE is my light and love.  He has opened my eyes and taught me things no one ever in my life has done.  And I am truly grateful that it is me that is standing before you all as his wife, after this afternoon today! I have loved him unconditionally, desires him with my whole heart and am so happy to be with him for the rest of my life.  He is kind, he is charming and good-looking, never is cross with me and puts up with my silliness.  I am so proud of him and tod be able to call him husband!  Honey, to many years together and lots of love between us and our families!!”  Sarah sat down and her husband whispers to her, “I love you Sarah, you are my everything!!” I smile back at him, the love of my life, my pride and joy and everything I have ever wanted and everything to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment