Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Angie Log

Angie was Sarah’s closest friend during the time that John was away with Sandra. We did everything together (except when going to school.) When we first met we were in a school classroom, when she walked up to me at first. We went to see the movie “Knocked up” which wa so funny and our friendship would make it so far as to see “Avatar.” I believe the latter had more of an effect on me. I mean the relationship John and I had reminded me of the young avatar couple that the movie was displaying to us as the audience. They reminded me of our connection and passion for each other. The girl avatar acted a lot like me, it’s hard to trust, has a slight temper when things don’t go my way, strong, smart, and daring and adventurous. Anyway, Angie and I had a lot of fun times. I just didn’t know if I could trust her. From the beginning of knowing her, she has this friend Lawrence. She warned me of him, that he’s not a good guy and someone who took advantage of her. I don’t know though, I did not think he was a bad guy, so he called me up one day and he came over. He also invited me to his place one night, it was just a friendly meeting, and that’s what happened at my place. We sat with a space between us, he admitted later that we never did anything intimate (which made me so proud of him when he could have taken advantage of me.) Anyway, we sat by the fireplace that was downstairs in a separate, enclosed room, my room was also on that floor. We had a few laughs and talks and finally called it quits as it was “Getting late” as he said. He was a responsible, calm and collected guy that knows what he wants. He is a guy that would try to interact with me in a more than friends kind of way but that’s ok because I was careful not to do anything that would upset Ang and make her feel inferior in any way! Angie was always trying to set me up with someone, but I always said “no” because there was John. I couldn’t do that to him. “He’s my backbone, my all, my reason for living, why would I entertain my time with someone else when hes coming back for me.” “I know,” she said back, “how do you know he’s coming back!” “Because we talked about that, they’re only going to be gone a little while and then we are going to reunite” “oh ok,” Angie would never push anything on me, she was a tall and pretty girl who would never inconvenience me into doing things that I did not want. I will, to be realistic, say that she and I didn’t always get along. We had clashes unfortunately and that drew us apart eventually. It’s like she gets super mad at me and I can’t handle it so I run away from her. Writing this now, it’s been a few years since we have talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment