Thursday, June 25, 2020

the bed n breakfast

So off we went as the train travelled eastern to the maritime provinces of Canada! When I settled into my place as I arrived in Italy through an incoming airplane, I was met with so much excitement and enthusiasm for all the adventures I would take here over the next few months. I couldn’t wait to tell John and at the same time I was avoiding this conversation. He thinks it's going to be for a month. But I have never had this chance to get away on my own. It’s been about 6 years since we first started dating and I have never gone on an adventure quite like this one. So I take all my belongings and bring them to a lodging that I had already scheduled. Instead of just paying for rent and having the house to myself I ventured to live in a place where I could associate with others. So I found this place for rent where other people were boarding at a bed and breakfast! There are lots of these in Italy and Canada does have a few! Therefore, I knew the basic rules that encompassed staying at a bed and breakfast. Breakfast is at 7 am and if you want it please be on time, it will not be offered later. So I gathered all my stuff and would be staying here for the next few months. The owner was very generous to give me this much time, but there was another family that was staying that long as well so I hoped we would get to know each other very well on my trip. My room was decorated white everywhere, the walls, the bed sheets, the door, even the carpet and wall accessories like pictures and crocheting decorations. I have no idea why but this room felt like me and I immediately felt very at home. I mean this is the place I'll be living in so I better get comfortable I guess. There’s always something about a new place like a bed and breakfast that takes you to a place of luxury like this one. The bathroom was also very luxurious! Beautiful cream colored hand towels and other towels adorned the handles in the bathroom and I loved the counter tops and shower stall, that added a shine to it as both were locking my eyes upon this beautiful cream colored marble material! The owner needed me downstairs now to get the official tour! “Please don’t hesitate to use this room for anything you like,” he said, I was very happy about this part. I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation. It was very cozy and warm with its couch and pillows and lovely decorations around the room on the walls and furniture! He then showed me the dining room, kitchen as the rooms next on the tour. The dining room was accompanied by another on its right but he did not mention that room to be one of the rooms we can use! So the dining room table had this cherry oak finish, nicely set up for the breakfast this morning (I was just in time for it) and we would just check out the kitchen before we were ready to eat it. It was white, yes all white, the cupboards, the marble white counter and another small kitchen table we could also use for a lunch or dinner for ourselves. We were allowed to use the dishes but of course had to pick up after ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment