Friday, April 3, 2020

changes that i made

Sheryl went on. “Well the two men were brothers and a young lady was also in the show, not just in the beginning as we walked in. They had a hotel business and she was used as entertainment in the pub next door. The thing is that she was in love with one of the men and it isn’t known for months. He eventually brings his love interest on stage and of course she is devastated. ‘This is my lovely girlfriend’ he says and introduces her to his brother as well as Mary, the lady. What becomes of all of this without boring her friend is that Mary confronts him and he declares absolutely in love with his girlfriend and never to enter into a relationship with Mary.” This began to make Sheryl sad because of her secret child, on account of Mary being rejected, fearing that John will never forgive her and their relationship will be over. So much so that she began to think of the past and wonder what would happen if John found out. Sheryl begins to think of the past. We were first in the bookstore and I stumbled upon a man that wanted to talk to me. Of course we hadn’t been engaged yet so there was no ring and John was walking toward me quite quickly. The man I was talking to was going on and on about how I had no ring and as soon as the conversation escalated to that I turned away as John began to walk towards me. What was I to do? I was talking in a very awkward conversation with this man I never knew. And John, in the moment that my heart started to race and long for his very contact, I made a rash decision and walked away. He walked away and that was the last time we saw each other. Gone forever, for what would be 12 years. So many times I look back at this in my mind, wondering what I should have done differently. He was tall, handsome, the most handsome I had ever met and because of my indiscretion, he was gone. The only time next I would see him, would be when he was in his olive green vest in which he would declare my name, to which I would reply “hi”. How could I have been so blindsided by that awkward stranger, things would have changed so much if I had just put him first and invited him into a conversation with me or at least smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment