Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Engagement Party Part 2

Sheryl continues. “One day, we were at a park after our walk and we stumbled upon a sign that read ‘Dinner Theatre’. John jumped at the thought and idea of doing that. So this is how it went,” said Sheryl. It was by no means my favourite show but it is worth sharing. The two of them walked into the dinner theatre building and came upon a crossdresser who would be in the dramatization. “Come and sit down lovely couple,” the crossdresser said. It was set up as if we were going to eat with chairs and tables everywhere. Chicken and rice were on the menu, her very favourite meat. Two men entered on the stage saying to us "welcome to everyone to this performance we are about to put on for you. Please leave cameras out of the show and enjoy your meal.” “So what was it about Sheryl? What happened in the theatre part of it. Just give me a summary of it all, I would be so excited to hear." Sheryl went on. “Well the two men were brothers and the crossdresser was also in the show, not just in the beginning as we walked in. They had a hotel business and the crossdresser was used as entertainment in the pub next door. The thing is that she was in love with one of the men and it isn’t known for months. He eventually brings his love interest on stage and of course she is devastated. ‘This is my lovely girlfriend’ he says and introduces her to his brother as well as Mary, the crossdresser. What becomes of all of this without boring her friend is that Mary confronts him and declares absolutely in love with his girlfriend and never to enter into a relationship with Mary." This began to make Sheryl sad because of her secret child, fearing that John will never forgive her and their relationship will be over. So much so she began to think of the past and wonder what would happen if John found out. They were first in the bookstore and I stumbled upon a man that wanted to talk to me. Of course we hadn’t been engaged yet so there was no ring and John was walking toward me quite quickly. The man I was talking to was going on and on about how I had no ring and as soon as the conversation escalated to that I turned away as John began to walk towards me. "What was I to do?" said Sheryl to herself, she was talking in a very awkward conversation with this man she never knew. And John, in the moment that her heart started to race and long for his very contact, she made a rash decision and walked away. He walked away and that was the last time they saw each other. Gone forever, for what would be 12 years. So many times she looked back at this in her mind, wondering what she should have done differently. He was tall, handsome, the most handsome she had ever met and because of this indiscretion he was gone. "The only time next I would see him, would be when he wore his olive green vest in which he would declare my name, to which I would reply 'hi'. How could I have been so blindsided by that awkward stranger, I would have changed so much if I had just put him first and invited him into a conversation with me or at least smiled." “It’s ok,” said Sandy, “you never know, he may just kept walking.” “Well and that’s the thing, he was a little bit unresponsive on some level at other times so this may have resulted in the same way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment