Saturday, April 4, 2020

true love

(Many years before the engagement). When we got home that night, I knew I had to confess something to him. In all the uneasiness of life, although I should be so happy, I could feel my heart pounding as I thought about her, his her, his love interest, although way gone and he didn’t see for some three was his response, but it still worried me. She came into his life as a first relationship, you know we are all so dumb when we are in love for the first time. “John, I’m just not happy right now. I need some time,” said Sheryl. And this brought back memories from their past relationship. I remember when I started to be in love, with John. There’s not a care in the world. Meaning you don’t care what people are going to think, where you are going, you just know you want to be with this person all the time, your whole life. So I continued to trust my intuition, he was at the bookstore in the city and he was sitting at a coffee shop connected to the bookstore and I went right up to him. Of course, we had already interacted many times and this was just an open invitation to sit down. He says to me, “have a seat, Sheryl.” So we had a chat as I sat there for just a few minutes because I had to go back to work at the bookstore. I was in heaven. I loved what we talked about - our tempers, our aura, our impressions were indeed alike, like a rib that had been taken from him and finally reunited, with myself. That is to say, we were a perfect match for each other; and to this day, we feel the same thing. Nonetheless, he was handsome, he had a deep voice even then, his eyes fixated on me like a lion on the scene to capture its prey. I’m not really an animal or someone to be eaten, to be seen as someone who must be eaten, but you get the hint! His eyes were absolutely staring at me and I loved it! We talked of the music we love and the church we were connected with in Edmonton. Talks of his plans and mine for the next three years would be discussed. On another day as well we had a most heavenly talk as I crossed paths with him at work. He was looking at the books in front of him and as he walked towards me, I began to walk as well. Talking of a dislocated shoulder, I showed my most sincere compassion for him, as I said “Oh no, hope you are getting better,” I even brought my dad and brother into the conversation, my [point being that they know more about these sorts of things.) "I know more about education, reading and writing and my point being they know more about the body and how it works to cause such discomfort after an accident." To which he replied “Well I’m sure they know more about that than me.” I was very pleased with that ending. I had never felt like he opened up to me as well as this time. I felt like I was his and he was mine because everything he was saying was drawing me to him, attracted me to him. After that conversation I just felt like I knew him, wanted him and was willing to figure this out, see this through and pray about this to see if he was the man for me. Don’t get me wrong, it was only the first real encounter with a man I could see myself dating, but was enraptured by his every move and I knew this was meant to be, destiny, I had reached home but I was still unsure. Not because of him, but because of me. I went to bed that night and laid on it, absolutely in love. I sighed, I was relieved but needed to process all of this. I had endured years of regret and I did not want to have any part of regret ever again so I determined in my heart that I wouldn’t allow myself to go into something I wasn’t ready for. This thought was not me quitting, giving up, settling for someone else instead of him by putting this relationship on hold. And this most importantly, was not myself saying that I did not want him or that I want to watch someone else have him instead. Not only that, I didn’t owe anyone an explanation or to give them something in return, since i would wait years before seeing him from this time. It was our relationship, it would be our engagement and marriage down the road and some people think they had the right to get involved with him since we were on a break! As far as I was concerned, we decided we weren’t ready and that was never a license to get involved with someone else. Yes, there were actual people believing, hoping that I would never return or that hey would have the chance to be with him, and I resented this so much. And they were definitely doing things to aggravate, embarrass and make me the fool, but I will tell you they were no match for me, because they saw me stand my case. I made it clear he was mine and no one could ever separate what we has established, and what god had created for US. I don’t mean to downplay or make those girls feel that they are inferior but this is my man and they're trying to take what is mine, which I can’t allow. To those girls, i thought, they should just put your feet in my shoes for a second, how would they feel if someone was trying to take from you what is yours? End of story. “Enough of that,” I thought to myself, “now to get to the housework and see what mom was up to”, said Sheryl. She was sitting as she often does working on a puzzle, when I walked in, with a book on the table where she was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment