Friday, April 17, 2020

men and the city

My friend Josh, he’s the one who took me to the paintings store, and I, actually went to a restaurant at the mall together! It really was a way for me to kind of check him out, you know, get to know him, because he had always been sort of hanging out with me in familiar places at home. this one time he took me out! I can’t say that I remember much because he did have a lot to say about religion. This was the same visit as us going to see the paintings. He blessed me so much. I needed someone to show me how a girl should be treated, after all the damaging effects of my previous breakups! He was very nice to me to do all of that, and with nothing in return, I am free to say that he is a good friend indeed. We hung out at his place also, we sat down on his front porch. Nevertheless, I was going through one of the toughest time, this was like a year or two of knowing John. He was away with the other woman and it felt like I did not have anything in terms of a love relationship. We were not on speaking terms at this time at all! Any Josh was there at a time when I was sad and lonely. He says,” I’m so depressed right now!” and I answered back the same. So it was nice to have a friend that could sympathize, empathize with my emotions. It didn’t end there, I loved spending time with the guy so I let him tell me about all his excursions to the Asian countries since he is a frequent visitor. You know what he did tell me though was that he felt like Asia had a slower paced society and with Canada and North America’s fast paced society, it is always nice to go there! I suppose it made feel relaxed and with no need to rush to get stuff done, like it is in a developed country like ours. I quite identified with him on those two things, my sadness and my need for relaxation at this time. John was away with her and I was stuck dealing with this emotional pain. I’m not complaining, I’m just saying how great this relationship was to me and I am really grateful. There’s tonnes more to say but those things don’t really prepare me for love the way I would love John and need that love forever! But this situation did! Except that he told me to watch out for “Italien” men while being in Edmonton and that just shocks me today because John comes from an Italien family! Oh, the odds!

No comments:

Post a Comment