Monday, April 20, 2020

intro

This is a story about love and it is a story about myself. Everyone has a love story to tell, whether it be when you are young and when you are old - it doesn’t really matter. People would tell me I couldn’t date him or I’m not good enough. Even my own conscience, mindset would say that I can’t handle him. I was not as high-achieving as him, I didn’t have a high-paying job, as many friends and family around me as he did his own. This made me feel very insecure. He comes from a very tough background, tough people, and what I mean by this is the rules his church and family would set for his early life. But oh this is not true. He was perfect for me, I thought, many times. He was tall, had brown hair and walked with his head held high, like a soldier about to take flight; and his duty, his requirement was going to be to wait for me. He would become the love of my life indeed, but this would take years, effort, strong effort and an undying love that none would be able to surpass in the way that he loved. You see, its not about how much he made, or that of other men, I care about the hurting, the destitute, the outcast. And that is what drew me to him, because I was all of those things before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment